Ethylene oxide is an organic compound with the chemical formula C2H4O. It is a toxic carcinogen and is used to make fungicides. Ethylene oxide is flammable and explosive, and it is not easy to transport over long distances, so it has a fierce regional character.
What should I pay attention to when storing ethylene oxide?
Ethylene oxide is stored in spherical tanks, and the spherical tanks are refrigerated, and the storage temperature is less than 10 degrees. Since ring B has a very low flash point and self-explosion, it is safer to store in frozen.
1. Horizontal tank (pressure vessel), Vg=100m3, built-in cooler (jacket or inner coil type, with chilled water), nitrogen sealed. Insulation with polyurethane block
2. The planning pressure takes the highest pressure value of the nitrogen supply system (EO storage and nitrogen seal will not affect its purity, and it can also effectively reduce the risk of explosion).
3. Built-in cooler: It is the tube bundle (or core) of the U-tube heat exchanger. It is planned to be a detachable type, which is convenient for maintenance and replacement.
4. The built-in cooling coil is fixed: the serpentine cooling pipe inside the storage tank cannot be removed.
5. Cooling medium: no difference, all are chilled water (a certain amount of ethylene glycol aqueous solution).
Post time: Aug-25-2021